Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pork Tenderlion and Asparagus

This pork recipe I came up with on the quick. I have to say the pork came out really well and the asparagus was wonderful!






2lb pork tenderloin
¼ cup olive oil
½ c. balsamic
½ tsp mustard
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
2 sprigs rosemary
Salt and pepper
one bunch of aspargus cleaned

Preheat oven to 350.

I love a mortar and pestle, they really amp up the flavors in herbs…especially ones that have been sitting on the shelf for a bit. I start by adding the Italian seasoning, salt, rosemary (I had fresh if you have dried use about a teaspoon) and salt. Use the pestle to grind the seasonings a bit. Add the oil and vinegar and set aside.


Salt and pepper the pork and lay the pork out in a baking dish. I surrounded the pork with asparagus. Poor the oil and vinegar over.



Put the pork in the oven and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes (will depend a bit on size of pork loin). Let stand 10 minutes and serve.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure have missed your recipes (and you)!! This sounds divine!

Chef E said...

That picture of the cooked loin and asparagus reeks of goodness...I can almost smell it over here...

Bend, OR said...

This looks very tasty! I do a pork loin with olive oil, garlic and fresh rosemary that's always a hit. Great in the oven or on the BBQ. I did a whole stuffed pork loin a couple weeks ago that was incredible. I made an apple/leek/thyme stuffing that really worked well.

Good info, keep it coming!

Sara said...

This looks so good! I love that asparagus is back in the markets, I'm ready for spring to come.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thsi dish looks wonderful! Flavorful and yummy!

cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

This looks sooo good. And with asparagus in the height of its season, economical as well! Will have to add that one to the menu this week! Thanks for the great recipe.