Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ginger Shrimp Pasta

This recipe is a bit odd, but I do have to say came out really well. I will be making this pasta again. It all came about very haphazardly, I needed a quick dinner for that night, I saw the cilantro and that started it, I knew I had shrimp at home and that would be quick and I wanted something spicy. When I saw the coconut milk it all started to jell in my mind.



1/2 lb pasta
1 tbs oil
½ sweet onion
½ red pepper
2 small cans diced tomatoes
1 tbs ginger
2 tbs soy sauce
¼ c. red wine.
1 lb shrimp (cleaned, I used precooked because it is what I had, raw shrimp would be far better)
1 clove garlic
red pepper flakes to taste (I used about ¼ tsp)
salt
½ bunch chopped cilantro
½ can coconut milk

Add oil to skillet and heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.

Meahwhile, put pasta on to boil.

Add the tomatoes, ginger, soy, red peppers and wine and let simmer for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile coat the shrimp in salt and red pepper flakes.


Once pasta is done, drain and set aside.

Add shrimp and cook and additional 5-7 minutes. Add cilantro and coconut milk cook 2-3 more

10 comments:

Cate said...

yummy yummy yummy. did it take you forever to devein that shrimp?

looks so utterly delish. my daughter won't eat shrimp yet (my son will eat nigh anything), but this might have to be a she eats something else while we all enjoy the ginger shrimp pasta situation.

thanks for the yummy recipe!

Donna-FFW said...

Coconut milk, shrimmp, soy, how awesome, and ginger. YUM! Did you make up this recipe? It sounds fantastic!

Sweet Cheeks said...

Hey Donna, I did make it up. Thanks!!!

Sweet Cheeks said...

Oh and I got the shrimp deveined already!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really wonderful - love the combination of flavors here!

Reeni said...

What wonderful flavors, this looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try this, but a stupid question first...about the soy. Being a novice in the kitchen, is it soy milk, or some other soy product?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try your recipe. It looks great!

You have a great blog. I'm glad I found it.

Sweet Cheeks said...

That was far from a stupid question, that was just bad directions on my part!! I am so glad you asked. I updated the recipe, however it is soy sauce.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I would never think of adding coconut milk into pasta. And shrimps on pasta is great idea! I love this pasta, it looks so tasty.