Monday, September 8, 2008

Marshmallow Topped Brownie



Okay this was a success and a failure. Clearly the marshmallow is a bit overdone. I am going to write the directions the way I think it will come out better. I simply put it under the broiler for 4 minutes. It burnt a little and the chocolate wasn’t melted. I then had to put it in the oven at 350 for about 7 minutes. Instead, I would put it in the oven then finish under the broiler. Still it WAS good.
1 ramekin or other oven safe dish
Some brownies
1 piece of very dark chocolate
Raspberry Jam

Heat oven to 350. Line the bottom of the dish with some brownie. Place the piece of dark chocolate in the center. Smear about a tablespoon of jam over the chocolate. Top with marshmallows. Place in oven for 7 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. Turn on broiler. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallow is brown.
Next I am going to make some brownies with some orange zest in the batter. Mmmmm

No comments: