Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cashew Butterscotch Cookie



These are my husbands favorite. When I feel like being especially nice to my HH (hot hubby), about once a year, I make these. I have to admit they are pretty durn good!

2 ¼ c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1 cup of butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 and ¼ C. butterscotch morsels
1 c. Cashew

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.. In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add egg. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in morsels and cashews. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets that are un-greased.
One of the keys (thanks Sondra of this tip!!) to baking a cookie that is not hard as a rock in a day is to undercook the cookie a bit. So check the cookies in about 9 minutes and see how they look then keep a very close eye on them. They should look like they just started to brown but are still gooey. Pull them out. If you have never under-baked. Do a test batch of about 5 cookies to see.

1 comment:

Swestie said...

I think you're nice more than once a year. (=