Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Figs Galore

Here are two more use for figs the fist was something I tried, the second is something my dad did.

Stuffed Figs wrapped in Bacon
The amounts really depend on you. These are rich and filling so I would not plan on more that 3 per person.

Figs
Some tart cheese (I used cream cheese because it was on hand, goats cheese, feta of a good soft blue would be great)
Bacon

Wash figs and remove steam. Push a bit of cheese about the size of the fist joint on you little finger (how is THAT for precise!) into the fig. Wrap it in a slice of bacon (depending on the size of the figs you might be able to use half a piece of bacon). Place under broiler for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is done. Let cool a couple of minutes before serving.

Figs and Pepperoni

Again, the amounts vary on how much you want.

Pepperoni
Feta
Sliced Figs
Line the bottom of a cookie sheet with pepperoni, place a slice of fig and top with a small piece of feta. Place under broiler for about 3-5 minutes.
Dad said the sweet of the fig was just enough to offset the spice of the pepperoni. What I wasn’t sure about was how you serve it. I know they just at it as is, which while I am sure yummy, I am not sure if it would work for a party appetizer. I am going to have to do them to see how the pepperoni sets up. Otherwise, I am sure it would be great on a cracker or bread round.

No comments: