Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pork Chops in a Mushroom Cream Sauce Over Pasta




As recipes go, this was a great pork chop recipe and great pasta recipe. I used the Omaha Steaks Pork chops for this because they were given to us. I thought they were tough, which is pretty hard considering I cooked the pork chops for all of 5 minutes total and the pork chops were cooked in liquid. However, the recipe itself was good and I will make it again.

¾-1.5 lb pork chops
½ lb pasta
1 small clove of garlic
2 shallots chopped finely
1 package of mushrooms (any type you like) washed and roughly chopped
3 TBS butter
1 cup white wine
1 ½ tsp marjoram
½ c. cream or half and half
Salt to taste
Parmesan to taste


In a skillet heat the butter and throw in the shallot and garlic. Sautee for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, start water to boil for pasta and add pasta and cook.
Add pork chops and wine to skillet and cook. My pork chops were thin so they only cooked for about 2 minutes each side, but cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
Add cream and cook for 1 more minute (just to heat through). Server over pasta and top with cheese.

4 comments:

Chef E said...

How did you know I wanted such a yummy dinner tonight? Looks good...

Bridget said...

I am so full from dinner, but still my mouth is watering...this look delicious!

The Food Hunter said...

This looks really good. I'll be making this for dinner soon.

Karley said...

Looks very nice pasta recipe. You can browse Omaha Steaks for more food stuffs.