Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pasta Ceviche Revisited


I made this back in September http://mommygourmet.blogspot.com/2008/09/pasta-ceviche.html. It seems I have been remaking some older recipes recently. I am a bit behind on posting. We switched to Verizon FIOS, and I have found my speed to be ridiculously slower than Comcast and have a lot of issues with my internet just shutting down. THAT said, it has slowed my blogging considerably, both in keeping up with sites I love and keeping up with my own blog. So I am working to blog a bit smarter ( read: the kids are in bed) so hopefully I can get back to blogging more regularly!! Next I will be sharing my pork chops recipe that I made with my Omaha steaks pork chops, but for now a revisit on an older recipe.

I think here in Richmond we have been getting glimpses of spring. For goodness sakes I sent my son to preschool twice last week in shorts and a T shirt (nope, I am not kidding). Then it got cold again. I think the new cold snap got me craving even more the flavors of spring and summer. So I had to make this recipe again. This time I used, scallop, flounder (good sale at the seafood market), and shrimp (already had). Once again, it was outstanding and I had to give old hubby a kiss for the idea. If you like heat, I think throwing some chopped jalapeños would be good. I didn’t, just opting for the  red pepper. I love the spicy, sweet, and tang of lime. The only things I changed (because you know I have GOT to change something) this time is, I added quite a bit more than a pinch of red pepper, and I squeezed the lime not in the sauce but over each individual dish (I figured it would be better for the leftovers). Also, and not of much importance, I sliced the scallops into thin pieces (they were big ones) as opposed to keeping them whole.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great especially with jalapenos!

Chef E said...

Robert Frost Poem for you- Thawing of the Winter...I read that when I am ready for the sun to come out and so far here it is working, so I will send some words your way! and the food looks good! I was thinking Ceviche tonight too...

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

We've been getting a touch of spring here too but not for long I'm afraid. The temperatures are dropping right now.

Your pasta looks gorgeous, I like the virbrants reds and the combination of the heat with the lime juice just blows me away!