Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sweet Thai Curry Spread

1 Brick Cream Cheese
¼ c. sour cream
¾ C. raisins
2tbs thai green curry paste

Let cream cheese stand at room temperature for 10-20 minutes. Take raisins and either put in microwave covered with water and microwave for 3-5 minutes (until boiling) and let stand for 5 minutes, or cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain raisins add to cream cheese. and sour cream. In making this I found not all curry pastes are the same. I used a different one that I typically do and it was FAR less hot. That said you might want to start with one tablespoon and keep tasting until you get the heat and flavor level you like. I am serving this as a spread for crackers tonight. I think though this would make a great sandwich spread. I also think fresh basil would be extra good, I just don’t have any right now!!

No comments: