Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lazy Daze of Summer

I haven’t been posting as much because I haven’t been cooking as much. I am not sure where in the world you are but in Richmond, it is HOT. Which means I don’t eat as much or sometimes just want some fresh tomatoes from the garden, some good cheese, and some wine.
One thing I love is to see all the places in the world that people are from that come here. So again, I invite anyone and everyone to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. If you tried one of my recipes and think it would be better another way, LET ME KNOW! I would love to try it.
So the next isn’t really a recipes as a suggestion. Summer is also a great time for gin and tonics. If you adore them as I do, try to mix it up next time you have them. Instead of that faithful lime, be crazy, put a lemon in (I actually like this better then the lime), or even crazier try both lemon and lime. If you are super daring, I suggest muddling some mint in the bottom of the glass (muddle is to really a fancy way of saying, smooshing or smashing) and rub a leaf along the rim. Mint is great in a gin and tonic. Stay out of the heat and ENJOY!

No comments: