Saturday, August 2, 2008

Artichoke Dip

I am probably one of the few people that loves to cook but consistently uses jared crushed garlic instead of crushing my own. I love fresh garlic, but it is not consistent. Sometimes I would use 3 cloves and not get the garlic flavor I wanted and other times 1 clove and felt overpower by the flavor….in the same dish. I still use fresh don’t get me wrong, but typically in fresh things like a bruchetta, or to rub over bread, or if I want to stuff meat. Otherwise, I like the ease and consitatncy of the jarred stuff.

1 c. marinated artichoke hearts or one can
1c. Mayonnaise (I always use low fat, it makes it far less oily, and if you want to make the dish with far less calories use half low fat mayo and half low fat sour cream, honest it will still be just as good)
½ c. Feta
½ c parmesan
3 tablespoons crushed garlic (the jar stuff, if you use fresh use far less)

Mix together and bake at 350 for thirty minutes. This is great leftover on a bagel, as a substitute for mayo on a sandwich or very best of all, in an omelet in the morning. Plus it is a party favorite, and great if you have vegetarian friends.

No comments: