Sunday, June 1, 2008

Baked Goat Cheese

1 c. goat cheese
10 kalamatas
10 slices of sun dried tomatoes
There are two steps involved here. I made my own tomatoes. I like it infinitely better than the store bought sun dried. Or really, I like it and hate the store brought stuff. I can thank my friend Sallie for turning me on to making my own. She told me they were indulgent they were so good and boy was she right.
I find that the size and flavor of plums works better, but I am confident if I were working with true fresh I wouldn’t care. Cut up as many as you like, but stick with what you think you will use in the next couple of weeks. Heat the oven to 250. Line a baking sheet with tomatoes slices roughly the same size. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. How long you bake depends on how chewy you like them. I like them a little more supple. I baked mine for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350. Once your tomatoes are done, put your goat cheese in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Top with tomatoes and olives. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with some bread.
This would also be good with roasted peppers, or use brie or feta even. Ymmm.

No comments: