Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just a Simple Girl




I like things all sorts of ways. I love new twists on old dishes. I love fusion. I pretty much love anything that tastes good. Give me some Cajun risotto, I am game. I think grilled root vegetables would be grand. However, there are certain things I like just plain and simple. Shrimp is one of them. Don’t get me wrong, no matter how you fix it I am sure I will love it. I will eat it and ask for more. It won’t be about being polite, I really will adore the dish. However, at the end of the day give me some plain old shrimp with a little cocktail sauce that has some bite and you can color me happy.

I am also simple when it comes to the cocktail sauce. In fact, the simpler the better . I know there are folks that put Worcestershire in theirs and other fancy stuff. To make me happy I just need a ton of horseradish, and if I feel extra fancy a squeeze of lemon and I call it a day.

Simply…..Perfect.

4 comments:

Chef E said...

My friend Gen and I were just talking about that, just plain ole shrimp will do us fine, no frills like my lobster dish...that is one thing I miss about the south, the all you can eat (peel and eat)shrimp bars...they were worth the mess!

5 Star Foodie said...

Simple is always the best! Especially with great ingredients!

TC said...

Your recipes and way of looking @ food make me want to cook and that is quite a trick since I HATE to cook!

Meg said...

Shrimp cocktail is one of my favorite things to eat! Plain and simple! Thanks for stopping by my blog.