Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken



1.5-2 lbs chicken
1 c. sun dried tomatoes (get the ones packed in oil)
16 basil leaves
1/4c. Cream
Salt an pepper
1tbs olive oil
Filet chicken breast, pound out and season. Remove ¼ c. of the tomatoes and set aside remaining. Line chicken with tomatoes and basil leaves, roll and secure with toothpick.
In skillet heat oil and add chicken. While chicken is cooking in food processor add remaining tomatoes and cream and 1tsp salt. Process. Check salt. When chicken is almost done, spoon cream mixture on top and let finish cooking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH YUMMY!!! Since I am a chicken girl these days... this sounds heavenly. Did I taste as good as it sounds/looks?

Yah know, I think the weightloss thing for me is all mindset. I made my mind up I was going to be healthy and haven't really looked back. I guess being scared into it helped! LOL However, I am finding it is so easy to lose when you stick to 'whole foods'. That really cuts down on most of the things that cause me to gain weight.

As always, I love your blog and your recipes. THANK YOU!!

Donnalouise said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Wow, all this food looks delicious!!! I'll have to look through the recipes and try something. I don't really cook though...but I will definitely check them out :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I saw something today and thought of you. This blog :
http://overwhelmedwithjoy.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-cooking-blogger-style-3rd.html
has a holiday recipe exchange and has some amazing recipes. I figured since you like to cook as much as I do and you have such amazing recipes - you'd be perfect for this!

I hope you are well :)