Monday, November 10, 2008

Salmon with Honey-Soy Glaze (aka Miso Honey)

I have to say a special thanks to someone that stopped by and suggested the name change (aka). It was such a great idea I had to roll with it.

This was a recipe that my husband adapted from Gourmet. It originally called for Maple Syrup. We like it far better with honey.
¼ c. soy
¼ c. honey
2lb salmon
Boil honey and soy in saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to about 1/3 c. (about 5 minutes).
Heat oven to 450.
Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Reserving 1.5 tablespoons of glaze for later use, brush salmon with glaze. After 5 minutes brush with remaining glaze. Put salmon in oven and let cook for 10 minutes. Turn on broiler and broil 4-5 minutes. Brush with reserved glaze (use clean brush) and serve.

There are not any other fish I think this glaze would be good on, however I think it would be great on scallops.

No comments: