Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chicken with a Kick

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will say this was awesome and is my new favorite marinade!
I have
been terribly distracted, and hope to get back to the blog…however the other night we had our CSA chicken and I decided to marinate the old gal. This had a kick to it, but if you are not a lover of spice use less sriracha.

Marinade:

½ c. Ponzu sauce
½ c. rice wine vinegar
1/8 c (depending on like of spice I probably did between 1/8 c. -¼c) Sriracha sauce

Mix together in bag, throw chicken in and marinate for 2 hours.

8 comments:

Health Eating Recipe said...

where do you get your Sriracha sauce? this marinade looks interesting. i usually just rub my chicken with ground coffee beans and chili powder.

Sweet Cheeks said...

I get it at the asain market right near me. However you should be able tot get it at most supermarkets (typically in the asian food section).

Yours sounds good. I have never rubbed coffe grounds on my meat, buth have put coffee in stews, so I bet it gives it a great rich flavor

Carla and Michael said...

We've never used ponzu sauce. Been seeing it in a lot of recipes lately. Think I'll have to buy some and give this marinade a try. Sounds lovely.
Thanks.

Choclette said...

What is Sriracha sauce?

Judy said...

Looks like a nice easy recipe, thanks for sharing.

Cafe Pepela said...

Mmm..
its very delicious!
Thanks : )

Muneeba said...

I'm a spice fan, so bring on the sriracha! awesome combo of flavors.

Page H. said...

I made a similar marinade recently and added fresh minced garlic and ginger root. I got a little carried away with the srirachi sauce. it was TOASTY!