Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guilt Free Apple Parfait

1 medium apple
½ TBS butter
4 TBS cottage cheese
2 tsp. Sugar
1/8 cup walnuts
2 tsp cinnamon

For just under 200 calories this is a yummy treat. I originally started making it with uncooked apple which was great too. I do have to say, I like it even more with cooked apples, but try it uncooked and it will save you about 25 calories per serving. I didn’t use, low fat butter or cottage cheese, using both would of course save on calories as well.

Melt butter in a pan. While melting clean, core and cut up apple. Add to butter and cook until just soft. Add sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and mix. Remove from heat. Divide into two bowls. Add two tablespoons of cottage cheese to each bowl, mix together and eat. This would also be good, with pineapple but I would personally ditch the cinnamon, but maybe add a little coconut.

A note on the cinnamon: I use Penzeys China Cassia Cinnamon. I can’t even tell you how good it is and how much better I think it is than other cinnamon’s. In fact, I love Penzeys Spices in general. If you don’t have a store near you, check them out on line at: http://www.penzeys.com/.

No comments: